If you’ve been to camp in your middle childhood years, you’re not surprised to hear about the benefits of summer camp. But if you didn’t go to camp as a child, you may not realize just how good the experience is for children. Here is a list of just some of the reasons to send your kids to camp.
• the place where kids make their very best friends, free from the social expectations pressuring them at school
• where kids get back outside and play….it is a wonderful antidote to “nature deficit disorder” where kids can relax, laugh, and be silly all day long.
• a place where kids can discover and develop what they like to do
• spending the day being physical active…running, swimming, jumping, hiking, and organizing games
• experiencing success and becoming more confident…there is accomplishment every day
• real when kids take a break from TV and the internet and engage in real activities and real emotions in a real community
• the perfect place for kids to develop who they are, making decisions for themselves without parents and teachers guiding every move
See? Camp is great!