- refine their motor skills.
- experiment with and manipulate natural and man-made materials.
- focus attention to sounds and sensory experiences.
- classify, group, compare, and describe objects in nature
- engage in meaningful conversations reflective of experiences with the materials present in the environment.
- participate actively in games and activities that enhance physical wellness, balance, and coordination.
- develop a feeling of safety in the outdoors that builds self-confidence.
Miss Pat’s favorite playground is the tunnel yard, sometimes referred to as the Mining Camp. “I love watching the children crawl through the tunnels! It’s a perfect blend of gross motor activity coupled with imaginative play. On one side of the tunnel hill there is a bridge for fishing and a climbing wall to scamper up to get away from the hungry alligators. Another side has graduated balance beams for future gymnasts to perfect their skills. We even have a jailhouse to detain errant cowboys (with their permission of course)! And tomorrow…well it may be something totally different!”